- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts,cut each in half
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (i like muir glen)
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot.
Place in chicken breasts, lightly salt and pepper each breast
Put sliced onion on top of chicken
Then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves
Pour in vinegar and top with can tomatoes
Cook on low 4-5 hours, (flip meat once at about 3 hours, otherwise leave pot alone). Serve over angel hair pasta
original source – DishingWithLeslie
Update and additional notes by Donna Sullivan Smith
I have cooked this meal. It is great. I did a couple of extra things if it helps anyone.
1. Browned my chicken with a little flour, salt, and pepper in coconut oil (it just looked better to me)!
2. After putting the chicken into the crock pot, I took the drippings, added a little more oil, the herbs, garlic, onion and cooked until soft – added vinegar and tomatoes to deglaze everything – then, placed into crock pot. Worked out really well!
Balsamic Chicken,Print This Recipe Add to My Favorites